All trainers must follow the BSA syllabus and the schedules and times recommended in the syllabus.
• BALOO must have 16 hours of instructional time (e.g., 13 hours on Sat, and 3 hours on Fr. or Sun; see sample schedule on page 9-11)
• IOLS must have 16 hours of instructional time (e.g., 13 hours on Sat, and 3 hours on Fr. or Sun; see sample schedule on page 8-9)
• SM Specific must have 4.5 hours of instructional time (see sample schedule on page 5)
• IOLS plus SM Specific must have 20.5 hours of instructional time so that both syllabi can be taught. Separate class times should be listed to participants have the option to attend one or the other or both. List prices for both classes (generally there will be no charge for SM Specific)
Important: BALOO and IOLS cannot be taught together as they are designed for separate audiences and programs (national directive).
BALOO sample times
• Fr at 6:00 pm (4 hrs) to Sat at 8:00 pm (12 hrs)
• Sat at 8:00 am (13 hrs) to Sun at 11:00 am (3 hrs)
IOLS sample times
• Fr at 5:15 pm (5 hrs) to Sat at 6:00 pm (11 hrs
• Sat at 8:00 am (12 hrs) to Sun at 11:30 am (4 hrs)
You will receive an email copy of every registration receipt. You can add additional training team members to also receive copies of the receipts. This can be helpful for planning purposes.
- Registration for classes with no charge will be set up utilizing a sign-up form on the district website.
- Registration for classes that charge money will be set up on Doubleknot.
Note: Links to any registration system (e.g., Google Docs, Survey Monkey) other than Doubleknot or the district website cannot be used. All trainings must run through a council or district budget.
Some districts work together and hold joint trainings. If you are working with other districts (e.g., sharing trainers), let us know so we can put the training links on their district websites too.
What to Bring
Look at the training page on your district website and look for the What to Bring button. Please review the website and ONLY list corrections below.
Districts must submit a Covid plan to the district executive to submit to the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Committee before any activity or training can be held. Plans can take up to 30 days for approval.
Comments / Additional instructions
Important: Click the submit button below only one time. After hitting the submit button below, please allow about one minute for processing. A message will then pop up letting you know your information was submitted.